Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Iced coffee!

One of the highlights of my day (yes, sad but true), is enjoying a nice iced coffee! When it starts warming up here, I pack away my coffee maker and go into ICED COFFEE MODE! 
I used to brew my iced coffee double strong and keep it in a pitcher in the fridge. But then, my friend Samantha, told me about a wonderful iced coffee recipe from the Pioneer Woman....found here. It's great, super easy and I only have to make it about once a week.

Follow the link above for the step by step directions, but basically, you pour half a bag of coffee grounds in a big bowl, fill it with water, cover it and let it sit over night. Then pour the coffee through cheese cloth and a strainer (I use a mesh one) into whatever pitcher you want to use to dispense your coffee. 
Keep in the fridge and help yourself whenever! I used flavored creamer so I don't have to add additional sugar (which doesn't dissolve well in cold drinks anyway).

Here's my set up in the fridge...

Yum....makes me want some right now! 

5 comments:

  1. Yum! That is not sad at all...I have coffee at 2pm everyday and I look forward to it starting around 10am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...awesome! I've been making a cup every day...this will be a timesaver. I also look forward to it every morning, going as long as I can until I sip its awesomeness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to know I'm not alone!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i did that once last summer but thought it was kind of hard work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, I think if you do it more often, you get the hang of it. Plus, make sure you just toss the cheesecloth afterward. For awhile, I was trying to rinse it and reuse it. WAY too hard.

    ReplyDelete