Monday, June 3, 2013

Reusable Fruit Pouch

Evelyn LOVES those fruit pouches (applesauce, berry, etc.) that you can buy at the store. Whoever invented these must be laughing all the way to the bank--they're filled with about $.05 worth of applesauce and are sold for like $.88 (at least!). Seriously though, why didn't I think of this?!
Evelyn sucks them down in about 2.3 seconds and is always left wanting more.

I've been meaning to purchase some reusable/refillable fruit pouches because Evvy devours them and I'm tired of wasting my money on them!
Debating between these options: Any suggestions??



Anyway, in the meantime, my husband came up with such a genius idea while I was out for a girls' night!

He simply snipped the bottom off one of the fruit pouches, filled it with our own applesauce, clamped it with an Ikea chip clip and...voila! Evelyn loves it just the same and we just keep refilling it for her. So awesome!




I've done a number of different combinations..applesauce/banana/oatmeal; applesauce/strawberry/blueberry; applesauce/banana/sweet potato/carrot...you get the picture. :-)
Evelyn loves them and it's a great way for her to eat some things she wouldn't normally eat!
I'm still planning on purchasing some real reusable pouches, and definitely bigger than 4oz! But for now, this is working while I choose which ones to buy. 


Evvy enjoying her homemade refillable fruit pouch!



No comments:

Post a Comment